Wednesday, December 2, 2015

1 Layout 3 Ways!


Layouts.  They can be as simple or as complicated as you wish to make them and today I have one to show you that does just that :)

Fantastic Memory Layout 3 Ways by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Provence

Firstly I gathered the papers I wanted to use and them the embellishments that would match, and then started playing with how I wanted them all to flow across the page.  For this page I kept it simple - I just created layer upon layer, with the photo popped up on chipboard to provide a bit of dimension instead of being completely flat.

Fantastic Memory Layout 3 Ways by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Provence

For the second stage I inked the edges of all the layers, defining them more and making them pop out from the page.  I stamped around the edge with the Stitches stamp as well, and then added brads and chipboard stickers to give even more layers.

Fantastic Memory Layout 3 Ways by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Provence

The third stage was so much fun!  I haphazardly painted pearlescents over the background - I love how you don't have to wait for this dry! - and then randomly stamped my background.  Distressed muslin was then added to finish it off.

Fantastic Memory Layout 3 Ways by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Provence

The Memory word is part of the new laser cut chipboard range.  To give that two toned effect I have first painted it with gesso and then two coats of pearlescents.  Lastly I inked the bottom half of the word with black ink to help it stand out more form the chipboard sticker underneath.

Fantastic Memory Layout 3 Ways by Megan Gourlay for BoBunny using Provence

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Porcelain, My Secret Garden, Provence, Elegance, Cupboards / Provence
Stickers: Provence 12 x12 Chipboard
Jewels: Baby Bump
Brads: Provence
Laser Cut Chipboard: Memory
Stamps: It is Written, Stitches, Rough it Up
Pearlescents: Chocolate, Coral
Ink Pad: Licorice

2 comments:

  1. This entire page is gorgeous! I love how you can make it simple or get very creative as well. I find scrapbooking & card making so fun & relaxing. It's great to express our creativity. Beautiful work. Huge BoBunny fan myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing how adding to your layout resulted in such a beautiful page ! The stamping adds such a nice finishing touch. Very inspiring. I don't know if the cutie girl is your daughter; her name seems lovely. Is it Irish ? Gaelic ? I'm curious to know how do you pronounce it ?

    ReplyDelete