Thursday, March 16, 2017

Life in Color and Pentart metallic Wax Pastes with Solange


Hello BoBunny fans!!

It's Solange Marques here. Today I'll share with you a new mixed media project using Life in Color collection and Pentart Metallic Wax Pastes!

I've made a canvas for this post. 


I've glued "Life in Color Bricks" on the canvas. Then I applied BoBunny white gesso (quite unevenly) on some bricks to get more texture.

After that dried, I applied Pentart Wax Paste on them.  See how it highlights the texture of the dry gesso?


I added fussy cuttings of the elephant and the octopus/




I've applied wax paste on some places of the elephant and the tag, too.






I love to make this canvas! It's so crazy!

For me, the bricks represent real life, the reality and the winged elephant is the dream, the freedom. And everything is possible on the dreams !!

The octopus represents everything that tries to envelop us with its arms and hold us. But we can always chose to between the dreams and the freedom or the arms of reality and commitments. Is it too crazy? I love how it turned out.




Thanks for stopping by today! 

BoBunny Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Life in Color, Bricks, Adventures/ Life in Color

Noteworthy: Life in Color

Gesso: White

Glimmer Sprays: Bronze, Gold


Pentart Supplies

Metallic Wax Pastes: Silver, Copper

Wax Paste: Transparent

Acrylic paints (semi-gloss): Brown and Black 











No comments:

Post a Comment