Friday, May 12, 2017

Faith, Fine Art and Mixed Media with Elena O.


Hello Friends, it's Elena with you today.

I am sharing two mixed media cards I made for my post.


I love mixing mixed media techniques with fussy cutting on my projects. If it comes to cards - it's the most pleasant creative process I like to enjoy each time.



I created two cards. I covered the half of my background with the paper from 6x6 Faith Pad and for the rest of the background - I did some misting, stenciling and coloring.  


First I used acrylic primer for my base, it's white and dries so fast. After that using the stickable stencils I applied the structure paste on my background, but actually I chose the intricate design and I needed something more smooth. So I tried the gel paste, which was a great choice for this technique.


Its' transparent, dries fast too and has a super cool 3D effect. Then I misted the stenciled areas with the BoBunny sprays in Mint and Blue.


  Later I continued my composition using the Noteworthy pieces, the die cuts and the fussy cut flowers.


Then I added more color using the acrylic paints. 


 I also add the coloring on the cut out elements. and to make it look more sparkling I added the gems and pearls in different colors. I also added some drops of Pearlescents.


It was really so fun to play with all the colors.


I created an oh-so-light coloring on the die cuts too,

To finish, these are the supplies I've used for my project.



Hope you have enjoyed it!!!



BoBunny Supplies:

12" Faith Blessings

12" Faith Happiness

Faith 6' Paper Pad

Faith Noteworthy

Belief Dies

3x4 Lattice Dies

3x4 Ornate Frame Dies

Love Stickable Stencils

Blush and Butterscotch Pearlescents

Frost and Mint Glimmer Spray

Blue Hues, Citrus, Emerald Jewels



Pentart Supplies:

Acrylic Primer

Rose and Baroque Gold Acrylic Metalic Paints

Blue Acrylic Paint

Gel Paste - Transparent Shiny

Structure Paste - White

1 comment: