Thursday, March 15, 2018

Dessert Cookbook Dividers - Featuring Double Dot Damask and Stay Awhile with Elena


Hello BoBunny Fans,

I used to cook a lot in the past, but now I prefer to create more than spending this time at the kitchen. However I always like making cookbook dividers and recipe notes for my friends, so I get to combine my hobbies!

Today, since I have a go-to Desserts Recipe book for all my favorite sweet recipes,  I've added a few dividers to share that I've made for just this purpose.

Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_01.jpg

For my background I used the new Double Dot Damask papers. It was so difficult to choose only one color from the range, but since I wanted to make several dividers , it was a good opportunity to use several at once.

Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_02.jpg

For my embellishments and paper layers I used a lot of fussy cutting from the Stay Awhile papers. There are so many cute houses and flowers there to cut out, and lend itself nicely to the homey feel of the Stay Awhile paper collection.

Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_03.jpg

However for my pages I made die cutting too , and used a few BoBunny dies, this beautiful Mandala Die that I topped with Emoji Die cut - just for a touch of fun.

Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_04.jpg

Also I wanted to add some mixed media, so I primed my background with white gesso, then I applied the Stencil Texture Paste using Starling Stickable Stencil.
and misted with Gold Glimmer Spray and added the splatters  of Frost Glimmer Spray with a brush.

Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_05.jpg

I used the both sides of the Double Dot Damask paper.  As you can see, one side is a classic subtle damask pattern, and the flip side has a medium scale, layered and antiqued dot patteen, so it was fun to mix them.


Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_06.jpg

  I wanted to maintain the desserts theme of my recipe book, so I played mostly with cupcakes and coffee dies. I made a few cupcakes die cuts using Cupcake Dies.


Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_07.jpg



Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_08.jpg

I like the color palette of Stay Awhile collection, it can be used for many occasions, but it really reminds me something cozy and warm, something about the kitchen


Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_09.jpg

After all my dividers have been done, I added the coloring with my brush and the sprays, just to add some accents


Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_10.jpg

I like how it looks on the Double Dot Damask papers


Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_11.jpg

Not only cakes and coffee makes me feel like Sweet Tooth, an ice cream , this what all the kids adore.
I've added the ice cream die cuts that I made using Summer Picnic Dies


Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_12.jpg


Stay_Awhile_Recipe_book_Elena_Mar15_13.jpg

You can check my video if you are interested how I created one of my pages:





BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned paper: Stay Awhile/ Neighbors, Coffee, Cozy, Lovely, Relax, Together, Welcome, Warm
Stickers: Stay Awhile
Double Dot: Damask/ Powder Blue, Blue, Chocolate, Vanilla, Orange Citrus
Dies: Cupcake, Summer Picnic, Emoji, Mandala
Glimmer Spray: Gold, Frost
Stencil: Starling Stickable
Gesso White

Other

No comments:

Post a Comment